Wednesday 3 July 2013

LOST


I remember being Lost, in the deep dark woods,
And weeping in darkness for hours I stood.
               Tears were rolling, down on my cheeks,
               My heart pounding with every single creek.
The grotesque and evil, haunted my mind,
And I imagined a beast was standing behind.
               The leaves were covered with pearl like dew,
               And through my tresses, the soft wind blew.
The hollow call of cicada, filled me with fear,
As I heard wolves, howling very near.
               I looked around, not knowing where to go,
               My heart was sinking, down and low.
I took a few steps, but couldn't find a further track,
Something told me then, no point in turning back.
               I resolved to carve-out my own trail,
               It is only by not trying, that you fail.
I gathered courage and cautiously walked ahead,
And saw a distant fire, glowing bright and red.
               It was the end of woods, and I took a deep sigh of relief,
               I know now, that races are won, only by SELF BELIEF..



No comments:

Post a Comment