Monday 22 July 2013

Pricey Paintings


While I was trying to read more about the most famous paintings in the world..(only because I had nothing better to do...), I came across a list of world's most high-priced art works. While they were most ludicrously priced, what I thought was more baffling was 'that there are people who would pay that much for THOSE paintings. I am not particularly an arts and paintings person, but Really! what's so special about these paintings. To my eye, they mostly looked like paintings done by a 5-year old!  Take for example 'Peasant Woman against a background of Wheat' by Van Gogh. I really fail to understand WHY is it so pricey. I mean, I've seen better works..Maybe it's something to do with its very famous painter ,,, OR maybe it's time for me to take Painting lessons. :)
Peasant Woman Against a Background of Wheat
By- Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment