Wednesday 3 July 2013

The Four Legged Angels


My experiments weren't working, the deadline for my project submission was nearing and my advisor was in an explosive mood. To make things worse for me, my batchmates and friends were out on a VACATION, having fun and living life to the fullest. Whereas me, was slogging and sweating in the cold deserted lab, with no results to show for my efforts.

Almost 2 o'clock in the night, I was dragging myself to my apartment which was barely a five minute walk on the other side of the road. I was exhausted and sleepy. I just wanted my own warm bed to sink into. So weary I was that I didn't realize when a 'small white ball of fur' came infront of me, almost tripping me into the muddy pool.

The lights were dim, so it took me full 10 seconds for my groggy eyes to realize that the 'small white ball of fur' was 'PINKY', the golden white pomeranian who was abandoned as a pup by its owners and was later adopted by the Institute Security people. Funnily, 'Pinki' is male and the first thing that catches your eye as you enter the institute premises. Every new student wants to get into his 'good-books'. The reason is simple- HE IS ADORABLE!!!  He wears this 'Paw-shaped' pendant in his collar with his name inscribed on top and is always well groomed (thanx to the security people).

Despite all the attention that he gets, he rarely barks and runs, which I think is because he is essentially sad and depressed. Or may'be still under the trauma of being abandoned by his beloved family. I don't know. But that doesn't stop him from brightening up other people's lives. Which brings me back to my story....

When I realized that it is Pinky standing in front of me, wagging his excited tail and looking up at me with his gooey eyes, I can't explain the calmness that settled over me. As if by magic, i felt all the tension drain out of me. The minute he realized that he has my attention, he sat, almost on my feet, inviting me to give him a rub. That was the moment, it dawned upon me, that DOGS ARE THE FOUR LEGGED ANGELS, that God has sent over to soothe our minds in our most testing times

No comments:

Post a Comment