Saturday 13 July 2013

Me, A Fake Researcher?


Why do I call myself a Scientist?
-Because that is what I do and like.

But what do 'Real Scientists' do?
-They use cutting edge technology and cutting edge equipment to produce cutting edge data, which they PUBLISH in cutting edge journals.

Whereas Me..Well I'm just happy being a 'Keen Observer' who is just trying to find out the basic questions of How, Why and Why Not. And that is where my interest ends. Its not as if i Don't want to publish. It's just that for me, that's not the goal. The goal is achieved when I get answers to my questions.

I keep getting excited by seeing anyone's data. Even if its not from my own field. I don't like having fixed goals either. New findings pave way for my new goals. Not good for a research career I think.

Does that make me a fake Scientist?? hmm...maybe.. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment