Tuesday 2 July 2013

Mind Files



Our mind in like a Filing Cabinet.

We judge. We analyze. And once the opinion is made it is placed into a File.  

These files often have very rigidly defined names. It's either 'Good' or "Bad' , 'Kind' or 'Selfish' , 'Friend' or 'Enemy'  and so on. Interestingly, the in-between named files like 'Mostly bad but a little good' or 'Friend to others but an enemy to me' don't exist.

This Filing method kicks into action, the minute we meet a person. Our mind starts collecting clues oftentimes in the form of eye movements, body language and facial expressions. Mind is smart. It never takes more than a few minutes to come to a conclusion. Once done, the said person either becomes a 'friend' or a 'threat'. Most of us like to think that we are not judgemental and that we refrain from judging someone so quickly. Are we really that patient?? If the answer is 'yes' then we should really THINK AGAIN. 


I often spend many a sleepless hours, wondering if people are so easy to be judged. If they indeed are, then it makes them so dull and boring. I therefore reassess my judgement and concede that every person is a palate of colors. Shades of kindness often mix with shades of selfishness. They are good, but it's difficult to stay good all the time. Life is afterall a struggle. Essentially, good people too do some 'bad' things. And lot of so called bad people have shades which are invisible to the non observing eye. 


A lot of good people have not really been good to me. But in my mind's eye, I understand their reasons, their struggles and sometimes their guilt. I've received kindness and comfort from very unlikely sources too. People who come across as mean and bitter have extended the much needed support in my toughest times. 


My experiences so far are enough to teach me that I can in no way judge any person correctly. I therefore leave everything to time. To show me if I have earned a Friend or a Lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment